Easy Mole Chimichangas
There are three big reasons this recipe is so popular: Chimichangas, mole sauce, and easy.
- Preparation Time:
- Total Time:
- 8 El Monterey Chimichangas
- 3 Tbl Vegetable oil
- 1 Tbl Crushed garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 Cups Diced onion
- 3 tsp Chinese 5 Spice
- 2 Tbl Chili powder
- 2 tsp Sugar substitute
- 2 Tbl Cocoa powder unsweetened
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbl Peanut butter smooth
- 8 oz. can Diced tomatoes
- 2 1/2 cups Chicken broth
- Heat up El Monterey Chimichangas in the conventional oven as directed on the package and keep warm.
- In a heavy bottom saucepan heat up vegetable oil on medium high heat. Add onions and garlic and sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add all the dried spices, bring temperature down to medium low and continue to cook for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Stir in peanut butter and dissolve in mix. Add tomatoes and broth then bring back to a simmer on medium heat and hold.
- In a service platter, ladle sauce underneath or smother over El Monterey Chimichangas and garnish with shelled, chopped peanuts.