Quick Instant Mexican Rice
Salsa is the secret ingredient that takes your rice from ordinary to something special.
- Preparation Time:
- Total Time:
- 2 cups Instant Rice
- 2 cups Water or chicken broth
- 2 cups Salsa
- 2 Tbl. Fresh chopped cilantro
- Place rice and liquid in a microwave proof bowl cover with plastic wrap or just place in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Microwave on high for 5 minutes, open microwave door and close. Continue microwave for 8 minutes at medium. Check rice make sure all the liquid was absorbed. If rice is moist and not all the water is absorbed microwave for 2 more minutes.
- Allow rice to stand in the plastic for 1-2 minutes.
- Fold salsa and cilantro into rice and keep warm for serving.